Get Happy & Healthy with this Vegan Taco Recipe!
So my family decided that I’m not so bad after all… after I made them these homemade gluten free vegan tacos. Just wait until you try them, you will be obsessed. This was by far our best taco night ever, my kids said they were the best tacos they’ve ever had and we have some pretty bomb Mexican restaurants here in San Diego, CA! Keep reading for this vegan taco recipe!
Ingredients for my homemade gluten free vegan tacos:
I just make a bunch of stuff and throw it all together so I don’t have exact measurements. I’d just base the amount on how many people you’re serving vs. the serving size on the label. Plan on 4-5 tacos per person.
- Yellow Corn Tortillas
- Vegetarian Refried Beans
- Black beans
- Quinoa (1 cup for up to 2 people)
- Red Peppers
- Sweet Corn, frozen.
- Mateo’s salsa (Cost-co)
- Guacamole (Homemade, store bought, whatever you fancy).
- Vegan Cheese (I only did a sprinkle on the black beans for looks, lol).
Instructions for my homemade gluten free Vegan Taco Recipe:
These instructions are pretty dang easy! Cook, throw together, take a picture of your food, post on Instagram, tag me and then stuff your face.
- Steam the quinoa, 1 serving takes 20-25 min.
- Heat up the refried beans and black beans on the stove top.
- Chop up the onion.
- Chop up the red peppers.
- Chop up the avocados.
- Heat up the sweet corn.
- Cook the tortillas on the stove top with a bit of water or use oil if you like.
- Mix it all together however you like!
- Take a picture of your plate and tag me, @jessicafeigner on Instagram!
When people generally think of anything vegan, they automatically assume that it won’t be filling but that is so not the case! This vegan taco recipe is jammed packed with healthy fats, tons of fiber and lots of protein. Not to mention you can invite over your gluten-free pals over too! You will be satisfied, all will be satisfied.
This vegan taco recipe is gluten-free, soy free, dairy free, meat free, nut free….allergy free (make sure to check your own ingredient labels)!