Meal Prep Frittata for the Week
So my husband is trying Keto again. Wish us luck. Not that it is much different than how we usually eat, but there is a lot more prepping and cutting and planning… so a lot more work on my part. 🙂 I do not mind, especially if it is going to help him feel better in the long run. One of the best things I have learned about meal prepping, even before my husband doing Keto, is the Frittata. It is easy, it is delicious, and it lasts for days.
I am able to change up this frittata recipe for him on a weekly basis too so it does not get old. Sometimes I use more egg whites than the whole egg. Sometimes I use diced asparagus, sometimes I use spinach, and sometimes I use zucchini, it all depends on what I have extra of and what I know he will like. I always change up the meat too, sometimes it is Canadian bacon, others its leftover steak, sliced deli meat, or sometimes its vegetarian. Either way, he loves these frittatas and so do I!
I generally make it in a 9 inch round cake pan, I guess I could use a square cake pan as well but now it’s a habit. I then cut it in 6 triangles and there is breakfast for either 6 days for him, or 3 and 3 for him and me. The best part is its hart to mess up…forgot to set a timer and it overcooked? Still delicious… didn’t have much on hand? Eggs and cheese it is… still delicious.
Here is a sample recipe of my normal frittata for a daily dose of yummy, keto, protein-packed breakfasts.
Meal Prep Frittata
- cake pan
- 8 Eggs or more with egg whites
- 15 asparagus
- 4 canadian bacon
- 1/2 cup quattro formaggio cheese trader joes of course
- salt and pepper to taste
- Crack eggs in cake pan, add salt and pepper and mix well
- dice asparagus and Canadian bacon and spread evenly on top of eggs
- Place in pre heated oven for 10 minutes
- The last 5 minutes, sprinkle cheese (of your choice) on top and bake
- once cooled, cut into however big pieces you want and place in tupperware, i have even added salsa on top for extra flavor.
See more of our recipes here.