This vegan fried rice is guilt free and full of nutrients. Power up with this great side dish for when you’re eating clean and eating yummy! Cauliflower can replace many things in the vegan or vegetarian world but you don’t have to be vegan to like this dish! It’s delicious and healthy and a perfect side dish when you are on diet restrictions.
Ingredients for this Gluten Free Vegan Fried Rice:
- 1 head of cauliflower, broken up, all stems removed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 long carrots, diced
- 1 teaspoons of red pepper flakes (or add to taste, optional)
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1 cup of green peas
- 1 cup of sweet corn
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons of vegan and gluten free soy sauce
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
Directions for this Gluten Free Vegan Fried Rice:
- Start with “ricing” the cauliflower. You can cut off the bottom of the cauliflower and then I like to cut it into four pieces then remove any stems or hard inner parts. Once you are only working with florets then if needed you can grind up by hand then a grater or in a food processor. Once you have rice-like piles, you should have anywhere from 4-8 cups of rice. Place in bowl and set aside.
- Heat your sesame oil on medium heat in a large non-stick pan.
- Add garlic, carrots, red pepper flakes, cauliflower, peas, corn, onion and soy sauce. Stir often and cook for 10-12 minutes and then once everything is cooked and tender, serve hot!
To make a full meal out of this vegan fried rice recipe, add baked tofu or any other vegan patty recipe you love. You can also add even more veggies, like a prepackaged stir-fry veggie mix. You can even add your favorite actual rice to this dish! There are endless was to make this dish fit your needs. Either way this cauliflower will help you walk away with a lot of vitamin c, vitamin k, folate and a long list of other vitamins and minerals.