Vegan chicken pasta primavera is a delightful and colorful dish that brings together the rich flavors of a classic Italian pasta primavera with the goodness of plant-based ingredients. Instead of traditional chicken, this recipe features a vegan chicken substitute, such as seitan, tofu, or tempeh, offering a satisfying protein source while adhering to a vegan lifestyle.
The dish is a vibrant celebration of seasonal vegetables like bell peppers, broccoli, carrots, and cherry tomatoes, creating a visually appealing and nutrient-packed medley. These veggies are sautéed to perfection and then tossed with al dente pasta in a creamy and dairy-free sauce, often made with ingredients like almond milk or cashew cream.
What makes vegan chicken pasta primavera so special is its versatility. You can adjust the vegetable selection to suit what’s in season, making it an ideal year-round meal. This dish embodies the essence of Italian cuisine with its fresh, vibrant ingredients and is a wonderful example of how vegan cooking can create a satisfying, flavorful, and health-conscious meal that appeals to a wide range of tastes and preferences.
Gluten-Free Vegan Chicken Pasta Primavera
- 8 oz gluten-free pasta of your choice
- 1 cup vegan chicken substitute, cubed seitan, tofu, tempeh
- 2 cups mixed vegetables bell peppers, broccoli, carrots, cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp dairy-free butter
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil or parsley for garnish optional
- Cook the gluten-free pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the vegan chicken substitute and sauté until it begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the dairy-free butter and minced garlic. Sauté for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Sprinkle the gluten-free all-purpose flour over the garlic and butter, whisking constantly to create a roux. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the roux becomes a light golden color.
- Slowly pour in the unsweetened almond milk while continuing to whisk. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, allowing the sauce to thicken.
- Stir in the nutritional yeast, dried basil, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Add the mixed vegetables and frozen peas to the skillet. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender but still vibrant.
- Return the cooked vegan chicken substitute to the skillet and toss everything together.
- Add the cooked gluten-free pasta to the skillet and gently stir to coat the pasta and vegetables with the creamy sauce.
- Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes to heat through.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve the Gluten-Free Vegan Chicken Pasta Primavera hot, garnished with fresh basil or parsley if desired.
Enjoy this delightful and allergy-friendly pasta primavera with a creamy, dairy-free sauce! It’s a satisfying and flavorful meal that everyone can enjoy.