So here I go again with the not very appealing-sounding or looking recipes but they DO taste bomb. So gah-head and try it already. This one I have incorporated some yummy tofu. What? Tofu… yummy? Sure! I’m not a giant fan of tofu actually, but this was delicious and I fully intend to make this more often! The crispy tofu baked has me dreaming of more!
Attaining the perfectly crispy tofu is no easy task. I used to fail always, that’s why I’ve never really consistently bought and made tofu. I would buy it and then it would go bad in my fridge bc it had always been such a pain to make in the past with terrible results. Well, lucky for you, you can learn from my mistakes! 😉
Crispy Tofu Baked Ingredients
- 2 packages of organic tofu
- Some garlic
- Some paprika
- Some curry
- 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 yellow squash
- 2 cups sweet corn
- Some soy sause
Crispy Tofu Baked Instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cut the tofu blocks into cubes
- I laid out a cutting board with a towel on it, then placed the tofu cubes on it, the placed another towel over that, the another cutting board over that and gently pushed down to squeeze out extra water. The key to crispy tofu is to get all the liquid out.
- Once tofu was dry, place on a baking sheet with foil and the olive oil.
- Sprinkle the tofu with garlic, paprika and curry.
- Place in oven until crispy brown, took me about 30 min.
- In a rice maker/ steamer start quinoa, potatoes and squash.
- After 30 min and food slightly cooled, place sweet potatoes on place and mash. Add quinoa to the sweet potatoes and mix together, then mix in the sweet corn.
- Top with crispy tofu baked and a couple splashes of soy sauce.
- To the side add some squash!
This meal is so satisfying! Even my 4-year-old asked for seconds! Please note that the spices that were added to the tofu only add a tad of flavor, it’s not meant to be very strong.
I hope you enjoy this crispy tofu baked! See some awesome #foodpics on our instagram page!