This Vegan Chinese Chickpea Salad Recipe fills the tummies of 4 to 6 people.
Looking for a quick vegan salad to try? Try this Vegan Chinese Chickpea Salad Recipe to mix it up! The prep time for this meal is 20 min. and the cook time is only 15 minutes of active time. You can also prep this Vegan Chinese Chickpea Salad Recipe ahead of time by preparing your chickpeas, the salad (without the almonds), and the dressing but store them separately. Once you’re ready to eat, just combine the 3 separate elements, (and the almonds), just before serving.
Ingredients below to make this Vegan Chinese Chickpea Salad Recipe:
- 1 tbsp. of sesame oil
- 3 cups of cooked chickpeas
- 3 tbsp. of gluten-free tamari
- 4 cups (which is equal to about 1 small head) of shredded napa cabbage
- 1 cup of shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup (which is equal to 3-4 lg. carrots) of grated carrots
- 1 cup of toasted sliced almonds
- ½ cup of sliced green onions
- 1 – 10 oz. can of mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 – 8 oz. can of sliced water chestnuts, drained and cut in half
- Some crispy rice crackers, crumbled
Ingredients below to make a yummy miso ginger dressing:
- ½ cup of rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. of sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. of maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. of white soy miso
- 2 tsp. of grated ginger
Instructions below to make this Vegan Chinese Chickpea Salad Recipe:
Start with heating the sesame oil in a large shallow saucepan using medium heat. Add in your chickpeas and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add tamari and keep cooking and stirring until all of the liquid has been absorbed. Set aside and let cool for 5 minutes.
To make the dressing : Stir together all the ingredients in a cup or small bowl.
Combine the napa cabbage, red cabbage, carrots, almonds, green onions, mandarin oranges, and water chestnuts in a large bowl. Add the chickpeas and dressing and toss until fully combined. Serve immediately, topped with crumbled rice crackers.