This super delicious and super healthy vegetarian potato leek soup recipe serves about 4-6 people. Prep time takes about 20 minutes and cook time is about 45 minutes.
Below are the ingredients that you’ll need to make this Vegetarian Potato Leek Soup:
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced (white and light green parts)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 lbs. Yukon gold potatoes, chopped
- 2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. ground sage
- 3 c. of low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 c. water
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast, optional
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. of liquid smoke
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Vegetarian bacon, crumbled
- Chopped green onions
Below are the instructions for this Vegetarian Potato Leek Soup:
1. Start with a large pot to heat your olive oil over med. heat. Add leeks and sauté them until they are soft, this takes about 4 minutes. Add your garlic and sauté it for about another minute. Add your potatoes, the rosemary, thyme, sage, broth, and the water. Bring it all to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until your potatoes are tender, this takes about 15 min. Turn your stove top off.
2. Next, add nutritional yeast, lemon juice, and liquid smoke. Use a good immersion blender to blend your soup until smooth (however, I’m a fan of leaving a few potato chunks!).
3. Add your salt and pepper to taste. Serve this soup with a garnish and top it off with your bacon crumbles and green onions. Keep leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 or 6 days.
I hope you and your family love this Vegetarian Potato Leek Soup! We have posted more healthy recipes on Weekly Living and Always Eat Good! Check them out! You can also find more healthy recipes here!