Try to keep your mouth from watering too much while reading this recipe. The excitement of a healthy version of this long time favorite meal is almost too much to contain.
Ingredients for this Vegan Stuffed Peppers Recipe:
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups of filtered water
- 2 long carrots, diced
- ½ cup of sweet peas
- ½ cup of sweet corn
- ½ cup of spinach
- ¼ cup of onion, diced
- ½ cup of broccoli
- ½ cup of cauliflower
- 1 16 oz can of vegan diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of avocado oil
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
Directions for this Vegan Stuffed Peppers Recipe:
- Place 1 cup of brown rice into a rice steamer with 2 cups of filtered water, if available place your broccoli and cauliflower in the upper container for steaming (above the rice). Let the veggies get soft but not droopy. Let them steam about 15 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash, peel and dice your carrots, place in bowl. Add the sweet corn, peas, spinach, and onion
- Heat skillet with oil on medium heat. Add carrots, corn, peas, spinach, onion, broccoli and cauliflower (the ones from the steamer). Mix in salt, pepper and cinnamon. Mix in the can of vegan diced tomatoes with juice. Cover, simmer on low for 5 minutes.
- Cut off the tops of the peppers, wash out any seeds etc. and place the tops only in your steamer. Steam slightly so that they are soft but can still stand, set aside.
- Add rice to your skillet and mix well. Cook and additional 5 minutes.
- Place your bell peppers on a non-stick or foil covered baking pan. Add the rice mix from the skillet to the bell peppers on the baking sheet and then cook for 10 minutes. Top with sliced vegan cheese in the last 5 minutes.
- Once done, remove from oven and sprinkle with vegan parmesan cheese. Either garnish each dish with the bell pepper tops on the side of the plate or put them back on the top. Have fun with it!