This Quinoa Stuffed Avocados Recipe is amazing. It’s healthy, filling, looks great and tastes better. This protein packed recipe is full of great amino acids, iron and a ton of other vitamins and minerals. This avocado recipe serves about 2 people and takes about 1 ½ to complete and it looks great on the table!
Ingredients for this Quinoa Stuffed Avocado Recipe:
- 1 cup of filtered water
- ¾ cup of dry quinoa
- ¼ cup of sweet corn
- ¼ cup diced tomato
- 3 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1/4 cup of cooked, diced yams
Ingredients for the dressing for this Quinoa Stuffed Avocado Recipe:
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. of fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp. of fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tsp. vegan sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ of a jalapeño pepper, stemmed and seeded
- 2 ripe avocados from Peru (bumpy skin vs. smooth)
- Some fresh cilantro leaves for garnish.
Instructions for this Quinoa Stuffed Avocado Recipe:
- Cook quinoa in a rice cooker for 15-20 min. (cook time varies), lightly mix with a fork and put in to a medium bowl. You can also cook the quinoa on the stove top but I find it easier and quicker to cook in a rice cooker, there is less babysitting involved.
Add the corn, the tomatoes, the yams, and the onion to the bowl and mix together well.
Mix all of the dressing ingredients together in a small food processor and stir into the quinoa salad. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Cut all of the avocados in half. Remove the pits from each of the avocados. Place the avocado halves on 4 separate small plates and top with the quinoa salad. Place some cilantro leaves on top for esthetics.
This avocado recipe is fast and easy with most of your “cooking time” is spent waiting for the quinoa salad to chill. This recipe is great for a number of occasions as it is great for most allergy free diets, diabetics, weight-loss, vegans and it is gluten free.