Put your extra tomatoes to use with this mouthwatering dish. This surprisingly very memorable dish can be altered in many ways and still come out a hit. This pasta salad recipe is perfect for any occasion and can be made to be vegan and still be delicious.
Pasta Salad Ingredients:
- ½ lb. of Barilla gluten-free spiral pasta
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil
- ½ lb. of ripe tomatoes, diced into small cubes
- ¼ cup of Kalamata olives, pitted and diced
- 1 lb. of mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes (you can substitute this with vegan mozzarella or leave out completely)
- 6 sun dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (ingredient can be substituted for a vegan or be left out)
- ½ cup packed basil leaves, sliced into long strips
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil and drained
- 4 tbsp. of red wine vinegar
- 12 tbsp. of olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 tsp of capers
- 4 tsp. of salt
- 1 ½ tsp. of fresh ground black pepper
Boil water on the stovetop with a splash of olive oil, add the pasta and boil for 15 min. or according to the box.
Drain the pasta and let it cool. If I have enough time, I even put it in the fridge for 30 min. after letting it cool.
Put the pasta in a bowl and add your tomatoes, olives, mozzarella and chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
Directions for this gluten free pasta salad dressing recipe:
Place the sun-dried tomatoes, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, capers, salt and pepper in to a food processor and mix until it is almost smooth.
Pour the dressing over the pasta, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and basil and mix well and serve!